Senior Data Scientist (Scala)
Massive Analytic's data scientists and software engineers are developing the next-generation technologies which are changing how people interact with, make accessible and use the information in big data. Our ambitions are far-reaching. To handle information and to blend enterprise-level data at the scale of the web requires ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, predictive analytics, statistics, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a Data Scientist reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be involved in critical research and innovation projects, customer prototyping and proofs-of-concept.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will support product innovation and customer engagements, partnering with the engineering, customer engagement and product management teams to prototype and launch data-driven features and products. This role has a customer facing element and will suit candidates that enjoy working with customers at the front-end of the business.
You will develop deep domain expertise and generate key insights that influence business decisions and technological solutions. In addition, you will be active in the data sciences community and contribute to raising the profile of Massive Analytic.
Oscar is a big data analytics platform, allowing users to rapidly discover business insights by automating advanced machine learning. The browser based analytics platform allows any user to perform advanced analytics in an interactive storydashboard, a combination of self-service, on-demand visual queries and ad hoc analytics. Oscar is built on top of a state of the art big data architecture including Spark Streaming and Hadoop.
This is a rare and significant career enhancement opportunity for the right candidate to progress to senior and principal data scientist with team leadership responsibilities.
Data Science at Massive Analytic is a high profile high impact team, focusing on creating innovative solutions that rely on combining AI, predictive modelling, big data analytics and big data scaling. You will have R&I responsibility for:
- Data science products and key components of Oscar
- Writing quality code while implementing your own ideas
- Implementing efficient automated processes for producing modelling results at scale
- Participating in a full development cycle from innovation, feature or module inception, prototyping, testing and release to engineering for integration
- Working closely with product, engineering and customer engagement teams and interacting with other teams on a regular basis
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, physics or mathematics)
- Coding skills in Scala and Python or expert Java
- Big Data architectures including SPARK and Hadoop being an ecosystem expert
- A passion for innovating with data science at scale - applying modern algorithms to massive datasets and creating measurable business value
- Ability to personally put together a system of 'disjointed' components that implements a working solution to the problem
- Ability to learn new technologies, languages and tools quickly
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in analysis and modelling of large complex datasets
- Research experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Visualization, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning and networking
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with optimization, data mining, machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing techniques
- Additional analysis coding abilities such as R, Matlab, etc.
- Machine Learning, AI and Predictive Analytics expert
- Database technologies: SQL and NO SQL expert
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong written and verbal presentation
- Proven ability to take ownership of a project with minimal supervision
- Based out of Massive Analytic's offices in London, UK
About Massive Analytic
Massive Analytic is a London-based analytics innovator, with patented world leading technologies and global big data heritage. Founded with the vision of making effortless data driven decisions a reality for businesses, Massive Analytic has a disruptive vision for changing the way we interact with data with our product Oscar.
Another innovation being developed by Massive Analytic is video analytics, some features include enabling organisations to analyse and make predictions using video data in real time.
The company is privately funded and its innovation has been recognised and awarded with a Small firms Merit Award for Research and Technology (SMART) for innovation and a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) grant from Innovate UK. It has been accepted into the Lockheed Martin Virtual Technology Cluster.
Nathaniel Frangou, firstname.lastname@example.org, switch board: 0207 100 1140.